SC - RE: Paella = period?

E. Rain raghead at liripipe.com
Mon Aug 7 09:48:06 PDT 2000

Stefan asked if paella was period.
I've looked into this with the various resources I have on medieval/renn
spanish cooking (translations from various period spanish cookbooks, The
Heritage of Spanish cooking, etc) and so far, the answer seems to be no.  I
find a couple different rice dishes, but none that really resemble the
classic paella valenciana. Hopefully when Brighid gets back fro Pennsic she
can provide the translation of the dish she mentioned and weigh in on this a
little more, but so far nothing truly paella like has come my way.
Eden
WARNING: Dates on the calendar are closer than they appear!

Eden Rain
raghead at liripipe.com