SC - RE: chocolate recipe?

E. Rain raghead at liripipe.com
Mon Aug 7 11:30:19 PDT 2000

Well it's not the web page I was looking at the other day, but it's the same
recipe.  Thanks to Anne-Marie for reminding me of where I could find it...

>From Savoring the Past by Barbara Ketcham Wheaton:
Massialot’s Cuisinier roial et bourgeois 1691
Widgeon (macreuse) in a ragout with chocolate.  Having plucked and cleaned
your widgeon, eviscerate it and wash it.  Scald it and put it in a pot and
season it with salt, pepper, bay leaf, and a bouquet garni; you make a
little chocolate which you throw in.  Prepare at the same time a ragout with
the livers, mushrooms, morels, truffles, and a quarteron of chestnuts.  When
your widgeon is cooked and arranged on it's dish, you pour your ragout over
it, and serve it garnished with whatever you wish.

No it's not period, but since a couple folks replied ot me offline, I
figured I'd post it.
Eden

WARNING: Dates on the calendar are closer than they appear!

Eden Rain
raghead at liripipe.com