SC - Xanth Books

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Aug 8 16:08:44 PDT 2000

selene at earthlink.net writes:

<< I read the first couple of Xanth books, then got bored. >>

Amazing. I have every book he has written. Love his work.

 <<Besides, another  successful fantasy author reported to me that he treated
her in a patronizing,  male-chauvinistic manner and that's just really put me
off the man. >>

Amazing that a person's character would affect judgment regarding his work.
Only in the modern world.

Ras (who finds that historical great persons seldom if ever adhere to the
'niceties' of their current culture. Queen Elizabeth (my heroine) and
Alexander the Great (my idol), Thomas Jefferson (my hero) and General Patten
(my father figure) immediately come to mind).

The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol
http://members.aol.com/AbhainnCG/