SC - Jelly Bean and other flavours

BalthazarBlack at aol.com BalthazarBlack at aol.com
Fri Aug 11 22:02:09 PDT 2000

> > I was thinking pickled herring with sour cream, shredded beets and
>  > onions... I can't decide if a smooth puree or chunky style would be
worse.

>  As long as you can handle the idea of non-sweet iced cream, this could
work.
>  My
>  buddy Baka made a feta cheese+garlic dip for last Twelfth Night that might
> do
>  double duty as a savory frozen treat.  Or... Borscht Glacee! >

There are only a few recipes I have tried at events that made me want to have
the "exact" recipe...and Baka's Feta-Garlic dip was one of them.  Now, to pry
the secret to Verunchka out of him....  I think he keeps it hidden in that
hat of his.

On the topic, I will put in my plug for Sun-dried Tomato and Garlic ice
cream, Pesto Ice cream, and Cajun Blackened Salmon Ice cream.

Balthazar of Blackmoor