Fwd: SC - Translation Help!

KallipygosRed at aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Mon Aug 21 13:35:25 PDT 2000

- --part1_66.6c0508e.26d2ec8d_boundary

Okay, off member suggestions for the terms you didn't know. Is she right
about these, she has been doing more **homework** than me this week. We just
recently joined a cooks group (are we **insane**???) and part of our homework
has been to look up terms and put together a "terminology" book for
deciphering receipes. Next week we are expected to start putting together
"spice" receipes; i.e., receipes that use a particular spice, such as
Saffron. Then those will be crossreferenced with the remainder of the
ingredients in the book. The whole project seems large, but there are many of
us, and the hope is to take the Combat Cookery title this year with no matter
what spice and ingredients they throw at us. The other part of our training
will be to recognize the spice in its natural state (growing, if possible, un
ground if not), and by taste, texture and smell; no labels.

Last year, all the spices came in baggies with no names. You had to **know**
what you were dealing with.

Lars

- --part1_66.6c0508e.26d2ec8d_boundary