SC - RE: sca-cooks V1 #2521

E. Rain raghead at liripipe.com
Tue Aug 22 13:17:18 PDT 2000

well before I run off for a nap since this is just one quick word,

John le Burguillun wrote:
>     Tortare, 6  {6 ?  Another word for Eden to play with}
from context this would be a variant of tortore the plural for tortora -
turtle-dove.

Thomas wrote:
> According to Battaglia 18.468a _signale_, _cignale_ etc. are variant
> forms that belong to _cinghiale_; it means something like 'wild boar,
> wild sow'.

ouch! I would never have swapped that to cinghiale (which I love! especially
in sauce with papardelle) what is Battaglia?

Eden, always happy to play with new info sources.

WARNING: Dates on the calendar are closer than they appear!

Eden Rain
raghead at liripipe.com