SC - Cubebs and Grains of Paradise

Adler, Chris Chris.Adler at westgroup.com
Wed Aug 23 10:36:57 PDT 2000

>>Anyone here know of a good supplier for either cubeb berries or grains of
paradise?  I used to have a cubeb supplier, but they stopped carrying the
stuff (possibly because I was the only purchaser...)>>

Somebody's probably already answered this but...

In addition to Francesco Sirene, Spicier, I suggest that you check out the
Pepperers' Guild, which is run by a couple of SCAdians. I buy cubebs and
grains of paradise (and juniper berries and saffron and white pepper and
...) from them every year at Pennsic, and I'm very happy with the quality
and prices.

They're also on the Net at: http://members.home.net/dchesty1/page2.html

I also use Penzey's very frequently for numerous modern and medieval spices,
although I don't think they carry cubebs. Check them out at
http://www.Penzeys.com.

Katja