SC - Harry Potter - OT

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Aug 24 06:24:11 PDT 2000

Robin Carroll-Mann wrote:

> Rumor has it that Richard Harris has been approached for the part.

He could do it about as well as most, I suppose.

> And
> perhaps Dame Maggie Smith for Professor McGonigle.

Fooey. I want Diana Rigg, who is now of sufficient age, and certainly
stern enough. Actually, Diana Rigg, at some stage of her development,
should be offered most female roles. Except the ones that go to Veronica
Lake, of course ;  ) . And the odd bit of busy-work for Myrna Loy.

I'd heard these rumors, as a suitably wired parent of a small child.
AFAIK, at this point the only people actually signed on the dotted line
are Robbie Coltrane for Hagrid, and a kid named Gabriel Thompson, who
recently was David Copperfield for the BBC. He looks okay with his
lightning scar. Oh, and they are talking with Alan Rickman in re Snape,
and he'd be good, I think, but I'd love to see Rowan Atkinson (in a
semi-serious performance) do that.

Casting is fun, isn't it? And people get paid to do this???

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com