SC - Re: Wannabe

Elanore Amrstrong ellie_armstrong at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 24 12:50:20 PDT 2000

Hi,
   I've been watching the list for a while, but this
is my first posting. So Hi All!
   Any way, I've found a wonderful basic book that
started me on my love of making period food was
Medieval Kitchen. I remember on of the authors's name
as Odile.  The recipes are French and Italian with one
or two English thrown in.  They include translations
of the text from where they got the recipe with each
redaction.  The recipes range from dead easy to pretty
complex, but so far they all have been wonderful. My
current "bestseller" is the Torta Blanca aka period
cheescake.  They also include a great chapter on
ingrediants and substitutions.
   Even if the book doesn't work out for you, I hope
that you have discovered another fun and wonderful
hobby (or obsession, as the case may be.)

Mary Elenore Armstrong

- --- Luanne Cupp Bartholomew <luanne at bartholomew.com>