SC - German cookbooks

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Aug 24 22:29:44 PDT 2000

Frederich asked:
> Could the list be so kind as to list appropriate German sources?  I am
> getting better at translating cookbooks.

Ah, Frederich. Turn to your browser and type in "www.florilegium.org".
Sorry. But yes, check this file in the FOOD-BT-REGION section:
fd-Germany-msg    (84K)  5/10/00    Medieval and Period German food. Cookbooks.

I think I've gotten most of the bibliographic info for period German
cookbooks mentioned on this list in there.

You might also check this file in the FOOD-BOOKS section:
16thC-cookbk-bib  (11K)  3/ 2/00    A bibliography of 16th C. cookbooks.

If I remember correctly the majority of the cookbooks that Thomas
listed in this bibliography are in German. At least I remember that
a large number *weren't* in English.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net