SC - ALOSED BEEF

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Fri Aug 25 06:01:06 PDT 2000

I am working on the recipe below.  Can someone please tell me how close I am
to correct in the translation of it:
Thanks Phillipa

Take a layer of beef  (beef in strips?)
Cut it into (lechys) ??
Spread meat out on a board
Take mutton or beef  fat, herbs & onions and mix it together.
Spread mixture over top of the beef
Sprinkle on ground pepper and a little salt
Roll up the prepared beef
Put the rolled up beef strips in a (broch?) roasting pot???
Roast

Take lyr of beef; cut hem in lechys. Lay hem abrode on a bord.
Take the fatte of motyn, or of beef, herbys & onions hewyn togefyr,
& strew hit on the leches of beef with poudyr of pepyr & a lytyl salt,
& roll hit up therynne. Put hem on a broch; rost hem."