SC - Re:Oxford Companion to Food was: Filo/phyllo

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Sun Aug 27 18:24:48 PDT 2000

Huette wrote:

>The only negative thing that I
>have heard about it was from Nana, who said that the
>Icelandic article had a few inaccuracies.

Actually, it has a whole bunch of inaccuracies and has already been
completely rewritten for the next edition - I´m just now waiting for Alan to
send me a copy of the new entry on Iceland and a few related entries to read
through.

After having waited for years for this book to be published, I was very
disappointed with the entry on Iceland and was rather wary of the book at
first because of the inaccuracies this single entry contained. But, I´ve
been using the OCTF extensively for almost a year now (in fact I´ve got two
copies, one at home, one at work) and this is the only major defect I´ve
found - of course there are some minor inaccuracies and omissions but I
haven´t seen anything bad.  I find the OCTF quite invaluable and the
bibliography has already helped me many times (and cost me some money
because I´ve found so many books there that I really need).

Nanna