SC - Re:_SC_-_qatâif_project_delayed

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 28 18:54:43 PDT 2000

Thank you Phlip for the encouragement.  I am wondering
if it might not be cheaper to fly you out to
California and do the repair. :-)

- --- Philippa Alderton <phlip at morganco.net> wrote:
> Huette, you have my deepest sympathy on the demise
> of your stoves/ovens. I
> wish I were nearby- if you could get the parts, I
> could likely put them
> together for you- I've had my stoves apart, and put
> them back together so
> many times, I could likely do it in my sleep,
> between rebuilding them and
> moving them over the last couple of years.

> Since you said that the diagnosis was that the pilot
> light electric ignitors
> failed- is there any chance that you could use them
> by lighting the pilot by
> hand for a while, until you can afford to repair or
> replace them? Might be
> an option worth looking at....

Tried that.  Apparently there is a feature that
doesn't allow the gas to flow thru the thingies if
they are non-functional, so I couldn't even light my
ovens manually. :-(

Thanks again.

Huette

=====