Filo/phyllo-- was [Re: SC - duck and bread]

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Aug 29 09:09:12 PDT 2000

margali wrote:

> Bean paste as in my homemade adzuki paste that I use to fill dumplings?
> or something like cooked and pasted soybeans?

I'm not sure.  Paul responded that they substituted semolina flour for the bean
paste as they felt that that is what the original recipe really wanted...they
only specified bean paste as they may not have been able to get durum.  Also, he
said that they were not able to get the bean paste to work properly when they
tried it.  But yes, I would assume that it would be the same bean paste as was
used to stuff buns, etc.

> margali
> send me your mailing address and I will send you your curry paste

I'll send it to you privately.  Thanks!

Kiri