SC - other names for cola

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Wed Aug 30 15:47:14 PDT 2000

> Actually, the reason that we specifically label Coca-Cola as 'South
> Downs Ale' is because Coca-Cola headquarters are here in Atlanta, so
> 'South Downs Ale' actually originates here in South Downs.   ;-)
>
> I remain, in service to Meridies,
> Lady Celia des L'archier

	And all of that started with a group of folks in Caid who were giving
Coca-Cola as a prize for their tourney.  They wanted to know what the
name of the group in Atlanta was, as it was the home-town of Coke, and
coined the phrase for their event.  We did not find out about it until
some time later, but we liked it a lot when we did hear about it.  We
have since had tourneys by the same name.
	Mistress Christianna
	Barony of the South Downs