SC - Period cookshop at Pennsic: Finances

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu Aug 31 08:11:09 PDT 2000

I don't know a whole lot about most of what is enumerated in your message, Your
Grace, except from the standpoint of working as head cook for feasts.

However, so far as the tent rental is concerned, I strongly urge you to consider
not using Grim's...they have had a strangle-hold on rentals at Pennsic for so
long that they just don't care anymore.  What they put up is really poor...I
heard a real horror story about one merchant setup this year wherein no walls
were provided to close the shop up.  The merchant had to hire someone to guard
his wares overnight to keep folks out of his establishment when he wasn't there!

We got fed up with Grim's last year and this year rented a community pavilion
from Festive...and they did a wonderful job.  If you/we decide to go ahead with
this venture, let me know and I can give you the contact information.  Costs
seem to be comparable, if a bit lower, and they are still hungry enough to
provide good service...they even left us with their cell phone number in case we
had any problems!!!

Kiri