SC - other names for cola

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 31 09:13:09 PDT 2000

>         And all of that started with a group of folks in Caid who were giving
> Coca-Cola as a prize for their tourney.  They wanted to know what the
> name of the group in Atlanta was, as it was the home-town of Coke, and
> coined the phrase for their event.  We did not find out about it until
> some time later, but we liked it a lot when we did hear about it.  We
> have since had tourneys by the same name.
>         Mistress Christianna
>         Barony of the South Downs

Um... that would have been me, in Caid, sometime in the late '80's.  That was a
long time ago!  The expression "Ale-Tavia" which didn't quite sound harmonious to
my ear.  But we 'valley girls' will insist on our Diet Cokes, at least we found a
way to sneak it in without totally destroying the period ambience.

We need to write a song, that will get the word out.  Maybe to the tune of 'That
Good Old Mountain Dew", that good old South Downs Ale... will work on it.

Selene
an Altavia Girl, fer sooth
selene at earthlink.net