SC - Period fried food

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Fri Dec 1 07:32:38 PST 2000

Ok, I have had a couple of inquiries, and here it is.  The
information for Border Wars will be in the January and February
BlackStars, and we are on the Kingdom Calendar.  I don't have
all the information, but I know that Almar (the autocrat) is
putting up a webpage with everything, including a map of the
site.

This event is NOT at Canton (I know for those of you not in
Ansteorra, this is a null statement, but for those of us here,
it has begun to seem like half the events in the Kingdom were at
the same site), it is being held at Grapevine Lake.  It is
within site of the Grapevine Mills Mall and only about 15
minutes from DFW airport.

The date is February 2-4, 2001.  In case you have not checked
the calander, it is the same weekend as Brwyn Galad's Candlemas,
but it is the only time we could get before Gulf War, and we
wanted this sort of Melee practice before the war.

It is a primitive site maintained by the Army Corp of Engineers,
so there is a brick privy, we will have porta-potties, and we
are bringing in water, as there is not running water available.
There is no electricity, no showers, and little pavement or
grass.  There are trees, campsites, and 8-10 cement picnic
tables, and 2 permanent fire rings, one by the campsite, and one
down next to the lake.

The cooking operation will have to take place mostly at home,
and only have warming at the site, except for turkey frying.  So
I do not specifically think of it as a "kitchen" but as a
food-service site.  I am going to have the Baronial pavillion,
or a close proximity, as a warming and service tent.

The site fee will be $7.00 per person, with dayboard and feast
included.  And as I think I said before, potluck for the feast
is encouraged.  Also if someone wants to bring things for the
dayboard as well, we can share that with all.

Leanne, I would love to have you helping with your turkey fryer.
 (hmm, I wonder what else we could fry in in?  Pork roast?  hmm.
. .)

Any other questions?

Tyrca