SC - Hot sauces

sdrake steldr at home.net
Fri Dec 1 14:21:18 PST 2000

>While I don't know about using a carrot for this, adding a piece of kombu
>sea vegetable to beans adds the digestive enzymes we lack to digest the

Just some trivia, kombu is also a common natural source of MSG.  While that
isn't exciting to most of us, it would send some people like my mother into
a three-day migraine.  (Yes, they did real allergy tests on her at a hospital.)
 I've used kombu for beans for myself, but would make sure to mention it to
guests before using it in anything I'm serving.

- -Magdalena vB