SC - Worcestershire sauce, was Re: Bubble and Squeak (OOP) Was Re: SC - Boxing Day Recipes?

lilinah@earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 2 21:17:03 PST 2000

Oddly enough, I saw a reference to Bubble and Squeak while watching the "two
fat ladies".  According to them, it is called that due to the noise.

As for spotted dick, this was introduced to me via the Aubrey & Maturing
series of novels written by O'Brian.  It centers about the British Navy
during the Napoleonic war.  All of the references were to a desert that was
apparently very fatty.

Muirghen