Bubble and Squeak (OOP) Was Re: SC - Boxing Day Recipes?

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 4 09:06:23 PST 2000

> Curiousity here, then, Gunthar. I'm thinking you're a native Texan?

Actually my mother was "cotton patch Okie".  Soul Food is home cooking to
me.

> If your family called these "Ranch Eggs",

They called these alternately either "Ranch Eggs" or "Camp Eggs".
"Camp Eggs" tend to make sense since they are an easy one skillet meal.

> Where would the name, "Huevos
> Rancheros", which is simply Spanish for Ranch Eggs come in? Does the usage
> of the same name in a different language allow for an entirely different
> dish?

As Stefan posted, "Huevos Rancheros" is a totally different dish.  And one
that I happen to adore. But I also like the New Mexico food where a fried egg
is placed on top of flat enchiladas.

> Phlip

Yers,

Gunthar