SC - olives in period spanish recipes?

Christina Nevin cnevin at caci.co.uk
Thu Dec 7 06:52:06 PST 2000

Ras wrote:

> I have been following this thread somewhat. My question is why in the
world
> would anyone want to go to a US type bar when traveling in a foreign
country
> let alone England.

Because I'm an English-born New Zealander, American food is 'foreign' to me.
At first I wanted to see if there was more to American cuisine than Cajun
food (which I love) hotdogs (which I also love) and hamburgers (which I
don't). Like I said, I got hooked on Buffalo Wings. :-)

I don't regard fast food chains such as McDonalds, BurgerKing, KFC etc as
indicative of American cuisine or even as restaurants, no matter what they
call them. I also don't patronise them myself because life is too short to
eat substandard fodder and I really just don't like the taste. I also spent
2 months in Germany in 1986 eating McDs for lunch almost every day - quite
enough to put you off the stuff for life.

Aside from which, eating any form of beef product in Europe nowadays is like
Russian Roulette - the gun may have several thousand empty chambers, but I'm
not taking the chance.

If you want fast food in England you go into a sandwich bar (of which they
even have chains such as the extremely good Pret a Manger), the quality of
which is usually high. I've only been to San Diego but I've been told you
don't really get sandwich bars in the US?

	[Please, please note that nowhere, at any time in my life, have I
ever
	ascribed to the idea that English food is bad. That perception does
	exist, and in some cases it is not unjustified, but as a cuisine, it
is
	glorious, when done properly.]

Too true! All together now:
"No such thing as a bad cuisine, just bad cooks!"
:-)
Ciao
Lucrezia

This electronic message contains information from CACI International Inc or
subsidiary companies, which may be confidential, proprietary,
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  The information is
intended to be used solely by the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not
an intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited.  If
you have received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately
at postmaster at caci.co.uk

Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good
computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.