SC - period fried foods

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Dec 10 00:00:24 PST 2000

And Maire wrote:
>Since you're looking for an alternative sauce, what's wrong with, oh, a
>sage sauce, or some of the numerous breadcrumb/vinegar/spice sauces
>(pepper sauce, maybe, or an extra spicey cinnamon-flavored one or
>something?) Or roasted garlic sauce? I made one for our Harvest Court
>this past October that was just short of divine (but then I love
>garlic)...oh, heck, what about a saracen sauce? Pomegranates are in
>season right now....

I have a garlic sauce for the pork and mustard sauce for the turnips
in the second course and i'd like the flavors to be different in the
first course - except that there are apples in nearly every course :-)

I have a pepper sauce recipe i'll take a look at.

What book is the Saracen Sauce in? There are pomegranates around
here. Can you possibly post the recipe? I'll have to buy the
ingredients tomorrow while the feast is being cooked... But it's
doable...

Anahita
running out to buy the frozen juices and pie crust...