SC - Our Yule Feast

RButler96@aol.com RButler96 at aol.com
Mon Dec 11 12:31:30 PST 2000

<< Does anyone have more info on this Moses Maimonides? >>
Ah Stephan,
You make me laugh!!  *On this Moses Maimonides*
Only one of our greatest scholars. start out below and I will send you more
info when I can.  Must go pick up the child for now.
TTFN!
Phillipa

Maimonides
1135-1204, Jewish rabbi, physician, and philosopher, one of the greatest
Hebrew scholars; b. Spain. He is sometimes called Rambam (from Rabbi Moses
Ben Maimon). His great work Mishneh Torah, known in English as the Strong
Hand, represents his effort to organize for the layman as well as for rabbis
and judges the vast mass of Jewish oral law, or MISHNA. His contribution to
Western philosophy, however, rests on his influential Guide to the Perplexed,
in which he attempted to reconcile Aristotle's theories with those of Jewish
theology and thereby helped to introduce Aristotle to the Christian
philosophers of the Middle Ages (see SCHOLASTICISM).