SC - non-member submission - broth information

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Mon Dec 11 19:10:55 PST 2000

    I dunno, I've made it several times with heavy cream and it came out
just fine. It's been like 25 years since I tasted real devonshire cream, but
it tasted pretty much the same to me, at least to my debased american
tastes. It's expensive, but it's so rich that only small portions are
needed. It's interesting to see the expression on peoples faces when they
try it - they LIKE it, but it doesn't really equate to anything they're used
to. I've had people confuse it for cool whip, yogurt, ricotta, and pureed
cottage cheese (no kidding - had one person ask me if that was how I made
it. Go fig. re: debased american tastes . . .), so it usually takes them
about 30 seconds of eyerolling and eyebrow wriggling before deciding to try
another spoonful. Then they're hooked.

    Sieggy