SC - non-member submission - broth information

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Tue Dec 12 02:57:35 PST 2000

Anahita al-shazhiyya said:
> I made way too much of some things - i guess when i multiplied the
> recipes up, i often didn't take into account the fact that there are
> so many dishes. However, 80-85 diners consumed 168 sausages, 36 lb.
> of chicken breasts and thighs (well, there was one small baggie full
> left over), and 40 lb boneless pork leg. (i noticed that one table
> had brought a large plate of cold cuts, but it didn't look like they
> eat any)

Whufph. That's a lot of food. Just two sausages each, assuming the
usual one inch diameter links would make a fairly large amount. Plus
almost another pound of meat.

> The item most requested was the Limonada. My, god, it was fantastic!
> At some tables, my spies in the hall said diners put it on
> everything, and then began dipping the bread into it.

If no one else has posted the recipes and redactions for these Limonada
and horseradish sauces, or if they have but you made large changes,
could you please post these. These both sound like something I'd
like to try.

> I ended up volunteering to do it again next year. Now that i have
> some experience, maybe i'll be less anxious. And since everyone
> seemed to think my food was good, i plan to volunteer for another
> feast next year and do entirely Mediterranean food.

Hmmm. Usually it takes longer for the amnesia to set in than this.

- --
THL Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net