: SC - Coconuts in Period

RANDALL DIAMOND ringofkings at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 12 20:53:28 PST 2000

In a message dated 12/12/2000 9:41:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
LrdRas at aol.com writes:

> Us Englih speaking participants (who
>  are the majority, BTW) simply delete the thread  or try to pick out what
we
>  can. :-) This does not happen often but no one ever seems to mind.

Okay, maybe I was misunderstood. I'm not xenophobic. I too even speak enough
of several languages to get into trouble myself.

My point is... you can post anything you please and then say (or have told to
you) that it's one thing or another. After translation you may or may not
find that it's truly what you assumed. If anyone wishes to just throw data
out there without knowing what it really is, I say go to it. I might even
save some of it for translation myself.

But I can't shake the notion that it's sloppy research. Certainly I'm guilty
of same, but I can't for the life of me think why someone would intentionally
do it in a public forum. At least my gaffes were honest (albeit stupid), if
unavoidable mistakes.

I apologize in advance to any I might have offended.

Corwyn