SC - duck press?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Dec 15 06:39:25 PST 2000

> suggested I contact Lady Brighid. =A0Now the question -- I realized I have n=
> ot=20
> made up the =A0spiced nuts for the on the table course --- does anyone know=20=
> of=20
> a reference to a spiced nut recipe in period that is not too time consuming=20=
> -=20
> =A0using a mixture of walnuts and almonds

There's one in _The Medieval Kitchen_ by Redon, I don't remember who did
it, which calls for boiling your honey, adding spices and quickly cooking
the nuts in it, then spread them on a sheet with your hands (or a
spatula). I found it relatively quick to do.

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to
get its pants on. " - Sir Winston Churchill