SC - Spanish candy terminology

harper@idt.net harper at idt.net
Sun Dec 17 07:13:20 PST 2000

>Oh, didn't you know? It's so obvious! They foster belief in witchcraft
>and Satanism.

Oh dear,

again a mix up between christian and pagan -

Witches do not believe in satan - it's a christian invention, and to believe
in him, you need to accept that "God" exists as well.  Pagans, and witches
believe in many gods, and many goddesses (most are personal to the
individual only) so to believe in something that they don't believe exists
is silly.

However, in the early church in England, the bishops and highers, tried to
demonise Pan, god of vegetation, revellery and fun.  He has horns and cloven
hooves - but is not some red guy with a pitchfork (unless he's been sitting
in the sun too long toasting marshmallows).  this is where the further
confusion comes in.

I have been a witch for a number of years, and have often had the satanic
thing levied at me, but never have I had any interest in him.

Jon Randall
Pagan Federation Committee
London, UK