SC - regional american food

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Dec 18 05:06:41 PST 2000

>A while back I thought I remember someone here mentioning that Goya
>made a bitter orange juice.
>
>A month or two ago, I found some Goya Naranja Agria Bitter Orange
>Marinade.
>
>The ingredients list is: water, orange juice concentrate, citric acid,
>Seville orange essence, Seville orange oil, grapefruit extract,
>perservatives,  1/20th of 1% potassium sorbate, 1/20th of 1% sodium
>benzoate and 1/50th of 1% sulphur dioxide.
>
>So, not quite pure Seville (bitter) orange juice. It does taste good.
>I've been adding some to my softdrinks.
>
>However, I'm wondering if Goya makes a pure Seville orange juice, or
>whether this is the best I'm going to find.

Stephen, I shall send this missive on to my sister who works in a orange
juice processessing plant.  She used to work in the lab and make up the
samples of combined oils and juices.  She may know if what you want is
available.  Can I ask what you want it for?  The Seville orange juice.  I
don't think her company processes for Goya but she may have some kind of
info.
Olwen who once found out more about orange juice than a body should want to
know...