SC - Re: Persian lemons

DeeWolff@aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Tue Dec 19 09:34:15 PST 2000

<snippage of much commentary>

> Later, I learned that the chef had provided the lucky eight SCAdians
> with a perfectly delicious modern meal, that everything had gone
> well and people had had a good time, they got to be on television, and
> they weren't asked to fight heavy-weapons or fence in the dining room.

	Actually, they did bang some metal swords around, in a very theatrical,
noise-making way.  Certainly not combat, but they did get it in.

> All in all, an enjoyable experience for those who were able to make it.

	Yup, it looked like they had a good time.

> On the other hand, it would have been nice, and beneficial to the
> likes of us, if they had approached it from the point of view that
since
> their guest couple had asked for a medieval feast, they should get a
> medieval feast, at least so that our chatelaines in the local groups
aren't
> asked by new people and at demos if they have the recipe for the lovey
> duck pate that they saw on FoodTV Network.

	Actually, it was venison terrine.

> It's true that it needed to be said that the guest couple were not
> SCAdians,

	Ok, here is where we diverge.  The program may have been wrong, but the
guest couple was introduced as members of the SCA, they had garb, they
talked about re-creating the middle ages, they showed the inside of their
home with normal SCA dreck, and put their SCA names on-screen.  I might
be delusional, and nothing against these folks, but that was the
information put forth on the show.

>As I say,  I suspect that those being critical will remember now that
the
> production we previously discussed and this one are the same, and that
the
> enthusiastic SCAdians who were involved were not to blame for the
> unique flavor of this particular reenactment.
>
> Adamantius

	I am not memory impared (ok, not *this* time!) and do remember all of
the previous discussion.  I certainly do not assign "blame" for the
flavor of the show, it was what it was.
It wasn't our (collective/SCACooks/perfect) Food Fantasy, but it was
cute.
Christianna
geeze, did anybody else actually *SEE* the show besides me?