SC - fleece cleaning

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu Dec 21 07:31:05 PST 2000

A while ago, I finally got around to making up the 'holiday soup' mix --
dried beans, peas, lentils, barley, etc., that had been in my freezer for,
um, several years. Unfortunately, I forgot that i had put it to soak until
24 hours had passed. I found that some of the beans and all of the barley
had become discolored with streaks of black. (I picked all of those out
and cooked the mixture according to the directions, with additional
barley, and it was very good.)

My question is, what caused the discoloration? There were black beans in
the mix-- could their color have stained the others? Or was it some
mysterious mold?

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"Our kingdom is a garden and such gardens are not made/By singing "Oh how
beautiful!" and sitting in the shade..." --Kipling, "Glory of the Garden"