SC - Ignorance:)

CorwynWdwd@aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Fri Dec 22 01:26:41 PST 2000

Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> The filling of a zampone is a basic cotechino "boiling" sausage, only
> encased in the boned-out pig's trotter instead of a gut casing.
> Cotechino (at least modern cotechino) isn't much different from
> cervelato or saveloy, for which we have period Italian and German
> (Austrian?) recipes. Whether anything like a zampone was made, I
> couldn't say, but it's not impossible, I suppose.
>
> Hope this helps...

Boiled sausage? Where would you put if when you drive out onto the ice
during the half? I'd think it would be a problem if you spilled any, and
it would stick to the skate blades....

...uh, _zampone_ you say?
           ^

Oh.

_Never mind_....  :-D

'Lainie
(who's hair looks suspiciously like Rosanne Rosannadanna today...)