SC - Treacle Well?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Dec 26 06:22:23 PST 2000

> Lady Giulianna Arentino and/or(?) Lady Ottavia Alessandra de Medicini
asked:
> >  The problem I am
> > having is each time that event is advertised in the Blackstar, my
information as
> > Feast Steward is ALWAYS left out. They have known that I was going to do
this
> > event for a year,  and I have always upheld my responsibilities in the
past
> > events.

Stefan assumed that the information was included by the autocrat in the
event announcement.  I suggest that the Lady in question check to be sure
that this is so before going after the Kingdom Chronicler.  Sometimes the
autocrat simply doesn't, or cuts the information for space reasons.  Usually
it is considered appropriate, however (and I have stood in both positions
MANY times over the years) to include at least the contact information so
persons with ingredient concerns can most directly contact the appropriate
person to answer their questions.  Maybe the Autocrat didn't think of that,
or maybe your information was so far down in the ad that it was
inadvertently snipped when the ad was trimmed.

As far as doing it for the recognition, well, that's NEVER been why I was a
head cook, and is so far out of my experience I'm not even going to respond.
I cook feasts because I like to do it and I'm glad people appreciate my
cooking ability.  If you're in it for the recognition, well, tell your
Laurel, or a bunch of Laurels, that they need to get your name before The
Powers That Be.  Use Stefan's methods for making sure TPTB see your name.
Paste it all over everything at the site.  Whine at lot at your meetings
about how you were unjustly not recognized or named in the ad.  <shrug>

                                        ---= Morgan (back from holidays)