SC - Need some definitions

Wed Dec 27 14:47:47 PST 2000

Butler was the guy who ran the wine cellars, I believe.  Brought the wine and decanted it before serving.

Pantler, IIRC, is the bread guy who carves the loaves to be served by the correct person.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

niccolo

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
> Hi there,	I am re-writing my Feast Appreciation Class, and need a couple of
definitions.
	What would the jobs of these people be in a period kitchen?
	Pantler
	Butler

I think I know, but wanted to check.
Thanks,