SC - Re: Lurkers

Lynn Remeika rohanna1 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 29 09:26:38 PST 2000

As far as I know, with some Latin and a little Italian as well as a
piece of paper that says I know something about Medieval Studies (at
least I put in five years trying!), both 'Platina' and 'Regina' are
pronounced with a long 'e' sound as in 'pizza'- 'Plat-ee-na' and
'Rej-ee-na'. The basic vowels turn out something like:

a= 'ah'
e= 'ay' or 'eh', depending
i= 'ee'
o= 'oh'
u= 'ooh!'

Pretend you are attempting to order dinner in Roma and Luigi your waiter
has this delightful accent- it makes it a little easier. ;-)

'Lainie