SC - Re: Lurkers

Hupman, Laurie LHupman at kenyon.com
Fri Dec 29 10:04:50 PST 2000

On 12/29/00 6:49 AM sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:

>From:  alysk at ix.netcom.com (Elise Fleming)
... I also found that the easiest
>way to get rid of the white pith was to remove it with a regular spoon
>_after_ it had gone through the boiling process several times.  It becomes
>very soft and easy to remove at that point, leaving you with just the outer
>skin.
>
>Alys Katharine

Thanks, we do have a couple of juice places in town, and I wouldn't have
thought of that!  And thanks to the others who wrote with suggestions.

I have tried taking the pith off the last couple of mandarin skins with a
spoon before they go in the freezer and it seems to work fairly well,
also reduces volume significantly.  Will try the "after a couple of
boils" on all others that went already.

Chimene