SC - Wonderful new foodie movie, slightly post-period

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 29 17:07:27 PST 2000

Actually, it would be refreshing to not arrive with travel-lag! I
usually didn't have any trouble adjusting my schedule for a couple of
weeks beforehand, but most people I know don't seem to be successful.

The sleeper airplane used to be common on some of the 40s and 50s
overseas flights, especially the 'China Clipper' that hopped along the
pacific rim to get to China and Japan, and the eastern one that stopped
in Iceland and Britain before going to Paris and [IIRC] Deuseldorf.
margali
yep, my grandparents were part of the original 'jet set' and did take
the 'slow boat to China' for their 1921 honeymoon...

- --
http://homestead.deja.com/user.marilyntraber/index.html