SC - de-pitting olives?

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Dec 31 20:27:09 PST 2000

I did a very small lamb roast the other night, and studded it with
organic coffee beans.  It did not have to roast for very long, as it was
a small roast, but the flavor of the beans did permeate the meat nicely,
making a subtle yet aromatic flavor.  We rubbed salt, pepper, and a small
amount of curry powder on the outside of the lamb, and the combination
was very nice.  The coffee beans were still quite crunchy, however, and I
wondered if it were cooked longer (like for a bigger piece of lamb),
would the beans get softer?  We picked them out, but a few were
disagreeably crunchy.  They gave the meat around them an interesting pink
tinge, too.
I satisfied my garlic and rosemary urges with lamb by making roasted
vegetables with fresh rosemary, and green beans with garlic and lemon
juice, which our roommate dubbed "Lazer Beans".  (He liked them.)
	It was tasty, I would do it again.
	Christianna

On Fri, 29 Dec 2000 16:34:46 -0000 "Olwen the Odd"
<olwentheodd at hotmail.com> writes:
> Thanks Kiri.  I'm going to give it a try.  It can't be all bad if it
> involves lamb and coffee.  I will be putting the lamb in a marinade
> tonight
> and plowing through the snow in the morning to get to Chirhart's to
> cook it
> on the morrow.  I will let you know what happens.  All of the
> household
> knows not to expect the norm from me, so they eat things they never
> dreamed
> of before.  I suspect this will be no exception.  Instead of
> inserting the
> garlic I will just insert coffee beans and roast whole garlic and
> serve the
> roasted garlic "flowers" as side dish.
>
> Have a happy and safe new years
> Olwen