SC - Re: Boxing Day Recipes

Glenda Robinson glendar at compassnet.com.au
Sat Dec 2 18:21:14 PST 2000

Re the boxing day entry:

It's celebrated on Dec 26 regardless, but the gazetted 'public holiday' is
later if it falls on a weekend.

For example: If Christmas is on Friday and Boxing Day on Saturday, we also
get Monday as a public holiday.

Glenda.
Here in Australia Boxing Day means the start of the Sydney-Hobart Ocean
Yacht race, and the first day of the Boxing Day test match (Cricket) at the
MCG, cold leftovers, and perhaps a dip in the pool (and a cold beer if it's
one's thing).