SC - Help! Cabbage! Cakes!

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Sun Dec 3 13:34:45 PST 2000

lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:

> One thing i dread is pre-boiling the sausages. That is the suggestion
> from the experienced hands here. Then finishing them on site where
> most of the cooking will be done. I'm an ex-vegetarian and rarely eat
> meat and more rarely cook it at home. And i'm not looking forward to
> the smell of 160 simmering sausages scenting my domicile...

Is it warm enough where you are to do it outside...you could use something like
the turkey cooker we've been talking about to do it, and it should work quite
nicely.

> How much cheese should i allot per person? I'm guessing 1/4 lb.

I dunno, but, with everything else to come, that may be a bit much.  You might
want to trim that down a bit.

> The feast is Sunday the 10th. How far ahead should i make Digbie's
> Excellent Small Cakes?

I'd make them now and freeze them.  Actually, they'd probably keep quite well in
a tin as that's not that far away.

> Anahita
>
> For myself personally today i bought a small wedge of Stilton with
> little chunks of lemon peel throughout. Mmm-mmm. Not period, but
> delicious.

OK, and I won't tell you then about the 2# package that arrived in the mail
yesterday as a Christmas present from a wonderful mother-in-law (sort of).