SC - sea otter

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Sun Dec 10 22:19:32 PST 2000

hey all from Anne-Marie

IF one wished to eat sea otter, I wouldnt be suprised at all to find that
they tasted "fishy".

you are what you eat, boys and girls. Its very common for game animals to
taste different based on what their diet is. Ditto for farm raised critters
(anyone who's enjoyed lamb raised on the salt grasses of the french
countryside knows of what I speak :)).

I'm told that bears that eat berries are tasty, while garbage scrounging
bears are icky. Elk raised on sage will have a very different taste than
the elk that scrounge in grain fields. I know from first hand experience,
pigs raised on milk alone have a very different flavor than pigs raised on
table scraps.

I would suspect that sea otter would taste strong and oily based on their
diet.

- --AM, who doesnt like the idea of eating anything thats a carnivore for
that reason....