SC - Food for the Grieving

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 11 09:05:15 PST 2000

<prayers for Gunther and his whole family>

Christine A Seelye-King wrote:

> Gunther,
>         I am sorry to hear about your loss, and can sympathize with the thought
> that it is somewhat of a relief, albiet a tough time in your life.
>         As to the food that accompanies the process, when my late husband died,
> my house was full of people within about 6 hours.  We had so much food
> brought in, we ran out of room to put things.  We had so many versions of
> fried chicken brought that we had to tell folks that called to say they
> were coming over and what could they bring "NO FRIED CHICKEN!"
>         Christianna

Heh.  Two quips:  [1] How do you get into Lutheran Heaven?  Bring a covered dish.
[My Lutheran sibs-in-law told me that so it must be true.][2] An old Yorkshire
expression for someone who is sick and will probably die:  "It looks like a case of
currants cake and slow walking."

Love, Selene in Caid