SC - RE: Foreign language posts

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Tue Dec 12 11:34:21 PST 2000

Personally, I see no benefit in uncommented on untranslated non-English text
being sent on the list. It just adds to the signal to noise ratio problem
that is so common to most lists. My first thought when it was mentioned that
a secondary source tells you that the text is a recipe for whatever is...
"Well... how do I KNOW that?"

I'm not trying to be offensive here, I just don't see the possible benefits
outweighing the extra bandwidth. Just my opinion.

Corwyn

In a message dated 12/12/2000 10:48:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com writes:

> As it stands now just sending
>  an untranslated posting with no real comment will be either filed away by
>  some or ignored by most.

<Snipage>