SC - Black Pine Deer Farm

Ron and Laurene Wells tinyzoo at home.com
Thu Dec 14 17:08:01 PST 2000

Hey, WOW!  I've been to this Deer Farm, and have video of the deer on
tape!  The man was kind enough to give our (rather large) family a tour of
his farm when we were there last summer.  VERY impressive!  If we can ever
get our ATI All-in-wonder video card working, maybe I can find that tape
and get a picture of the deer for you?  Email me privately if you are
interested.  They are mostly spotted deer.  The meat wasn't cheap if I
remember, but reasonable for what you are getting!!  These deer are NOT
abused by any means, trust me!  They have ample romping acerage, trees to
hide and sleep under, and a rancher who really seems to love them.  He was
a VERY nice man, and I would love to know people are supporting his
business!  He's invested a LOT of time and money into his venture,
including 12 foot fences all around the entire property.  He's done a
really good job.  OH!  And these are NOT American deer, they are European
Fallow Deer, as the post mentions.  So you really would be getting
something close to what Robin Hood might have eaten at your Medieval feast!

Merry Christmas!!
- -Laurene

At 03:25 PM 12/14/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 20:34:45 -0800
>From: "E. Rain" <raghead at liripipe.com>
>Subject: SC - RE: venison suppliers
>
>I missed the original post but apparently someone was looking for venison
>suppliers?
>
>here's a message a friend sent me about some friends of hers who are selling
>bambi.  I don't know about thier shipping options or anything else since i
>haven't followed up on this yet myself, but farm raised bambi is not to be
>sneezed at....
>
>Eden
>
> > Greetings Eden,
> > Last year I told you of some Mundane friends of mine who were
> > beginning
> > a business raising Fallow Deer for sale as venison. At that
> > time you had
> > many questions I did not know.
> > I saw Wilmina & Ivan again at the same art fair and they informed me
> > their herd is large enough to begin slaughtering & selling. PLUS they
> > now have an email address so you can contact them directly & ask the
> > questions I couldn't answer.
> > I don't gain by their business at all, just think their venison would
> > add a nice touch to feasts.
> > They are:
> > Black Pine Deer Farm
> > Ivan & Wilmina Phelps