non-member submission - Re: SC - Cider Sauce Experiments

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 14 17:47:26 PST 2000

- --- margali <margali at 99main.com> wrote:
> Why? a properly dismantled and sterilized garbage
> disposall is actually
> cleaner than a dishwasher that never gets similar
> treatment. Have you
> ever disassembled the catch-all ina dishwasher?
> Amazing what you can
> find in there ;-(
> margali
> but then again, I use a duck press to press my
> cider...

Why?  It's just that thought of it being used.  Just
as if you used a properly sterilized toilet bowl as a
punch bowl.  There is always a nagging thought or
doubt about whether every millimeter actually got
touched by the disinfectant or was properly put in a
sterilizer.

As for my dishwasher, there is nothing in the
catch-all because I always thoroughly rinse all my
dishes etc. before I put them through the dishwasher.
I know people think I am nuts for not letting the
dishwasher do its job.  But I hate finding gunk on my
dishes etc. when I go to empty the dishwasher.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.