SC - Bounced Message : OOP: Holiday gifts and goodies

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Dec 28 12:08:55 PST 2000

It's about time to start that annual thread:
what kitchen stuff did you get for holidays gifts?
what holiday treats (traditional or otherwise) did you make?

I'll get the ball rolling.  My gifts included a set of non-stick
measuring
cups.  Since I'm not one of the instinctive cooks, I believe that I can
never
have too many measuring cups.  Also, a package of Spanish saffron.  I
know it's
Spanish saffron, because my MIL's friend brought it back from Spain on
her last
trip.

I made a bunch of goodies for gifts.  I sent some cranberry biscotti out
to my
sister-in-law in Colorado, and some honey-pinenut candy, and some
chocolate-
dipped apricots.

Christmas dinner was the basic turkey-and-fixings, which is traditional
in my
husband's family.

While visiting up here in Vermont, I've been indulging in baking.  I
made a
sourdough gingerbread (very moist and good), and my first decent apple
pie.

Tonight I cooked a Chanukah dinner.  I made a brisket pot roast in the
crockpot, which is always very reliable, and a batch of potato latkes.
And
tonight, before I go to bed, I will feed the sourdough starter, so we
can have
pancakes for breakfast.

(Written in large letters on the first page of my 2001 Harry Potter
calendar is
one word: DIET!)

Next....?

Brighid, .sigless and stuffed in