SC - Re: Pamela Digby

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Dec 28 22:44:56 PST 2000

Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> "Laura C. Minnick" wrote:
> >
> > Stefan li Rous wrote:
> >
> > > Hmmm. ok. So who was Pamela Digby Churchill Harriman, other than the
> > > daughter of Sir Kinelm Digby?
> >
> > A social climbing butterfly who married politicians and patricians for a
> > hobby. Churchill was Randolph Churchill, Winston's son. And Averill
> > Harriman was an ambassador to the Court of St. James.
>
> Wait, you've got me all confoozelated. You're not suggesting that the
> daughter of Kenelm Digby, presumably born sometime in or near the
> mid-17th century, was married to the son of Winston Churchill,
> presumably born in the late 19th-early 20th century, are you? I know
> some of these ladies wore a lot of makeup and were very well preserved
> (and Winston Churchill had a reputation for being positively pickled at
> times) but this seems a little extreme...

Master A, sometimes you are sooo cute...

Pamela Digby was the daughter of a *descendant* of Sir Kenelm Digby. She
married Randolph Churchill, later divorced him and married Averill
Harriman. She's getting a little long in the tooth but not as old as you
are hinting...

A little too much EggNog, Master A? :-)

'Lainie