SC - Marzipan recipe (Was Help! To the Queen's Taste)

Jeff Heilveil heilveil at uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 1 07:28:24 PST 2000

Salut!
The problem is this, I have about 7 recipes (some of the same ones from
the TI article, though I think there were some really important points
from her sources that she should have mentioned), but I can't find one in
particular...  I once had a period recipe which used egg white as the
binder, which greatly reduces the amount of rosewater you need to use.
This recipe is therefore ideal for those people who don't care for
rosewater.  I can't find it anywhere though, and I am starting to wonder
about my memory...

I have so far checked:
Sabrina Welserin
Platina
To the King's Taste
Miscelleny
Collected Cookbooks (though it's possible I could have missed it)
Take a Thousand Eggs or More
Medieval Kitchens (Which is just like Platina's copy of Martino's recipe)
Pleyn Delit
Ein Kochbuch von Guter Speise

I haven't skimmed Kochen Meisterei, but I didn't have that one at the
time.  It's possible that it is in one of the books I checked and I just
missed it.  I also seem to recall it being either Andalusian or Arabic,
(but not the "Fruit Made of Sugar" recipe) but at this point... who knows.

Cu drag,
Bogdan

To fight Honorably, to Love deeply, and to Cook in great volumes.  These
are man's finest virtues.
Jeffrey Heilveil M.S.		      Ld. Bogdan de la Brasov, C.W.
Department of Entomology	A Bear's paw and base vert on field argent
University of Illinois
heilveil at uiuc.edu
office: (217) 244-5115
home: (217) 355-5702