SC - Reply to Olwen and something neat!!!

Ratboy kattratt at home.com
Fri Dec 1 08:34:55 PST 2000

I think that one of us needs to be heading for the rock and I don't even
know the story behind said rock.

On a different note though does  anyone know anything about this
website?

http://www.lewis-kappes.com/LK/Pompeiiana/TheRomanCookery/SOTHEMEALS.htm

It seems to be an online version of Apicius' "De Re Coquinaria".

Is that something done by someone in the SCA or is it a chef with time
on their hands???
For that matter how acurate  is it?
There seems  to be a missing section, "BOOK SIX - Of Birds" doesn't
work.
(Of course that would be the section I had been looking for...)
Anyone with the book please check this out if  this has not already come
up.
(I would bet that it has...and Stefan probably has it marked on the
Floregium.) But hey I thought it was neat.

Nicholas